Friday, November 14, 2008

Bloggy Tag

I've been tagged by Bianca of the fabulous Vegan Crunk to participate in a meme. So here goes.

Link the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
Share 7 random and/or weird facts about yourself.
Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links.
Let each person know that they’ve been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

Stuff about me:

1. I am contradictory in all sorts of ways. Love my Jeep & my bike. Would die without both herbal tea and Dr. Pepper. Will totally eat organic raw all day and then have Taco Bell for dinner. Grossed out by consumerism, have an Etsy addiction. I am lovable in all my crossed wires!

2. Obsessed with avocado. Drooling over the possibility of making this.
3. I live with a Mister, two Junior-ettes, a girl kitty, a boy kitty, and a boy doggie. I would say that everyone in the family is extremely smart, attractive, and rather spoiled. We like it that way. Come over and ride bikes, play extreme Uno, or eat some cupcakes with us.

4. I love pigtails of any kind. I enjoy viewing the bona fide item attached to cute little piglets, but I take my admiration a step further and can be found on more days than not sporting some variation of pigtails on my own head. Give 'em a shot and see if you don't automatically feel cuter and there by seem to have more fun at everything!

5. I love zines. There is just something about a zine that is special and exciting. People even have events all for zines! I also heart cookzines for my kitchen needs. I have a buncha shiny fancy cookbooks, but I have totally been digging into my cookzines lately. Soy Not Oi, Papa Tofu, Please Don't Feed The Bears, and Hot Damn & Hell Yeah/The Dirty South are in heavy rotation right now, but I have several more that I need to explore further.
6. I grew food for the first time this year! At any given point since the beginning of summer, we have eaten tomatoes, bell peppers, banana peppers, eggplant, basil, thyme, rosemary, chives, dill, and oregano from the garden. Yay!!!!

7. I'm going to San Francisco next week.WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!


Okay, so I'm tagging the following folks:

Kittee @ Cake Maker To The Stars

Jessy @ Happy Vegan Face

Mandee @ Cupcake Kitteh

Barbara @ My Vegan Spoons

Innochka @ Inna Minute

Jenn @ Vegan Dance If You Want To

Lindyloo @ Cleveland Vegans

Have fun!!

8 comments:

Bianca said...

I love pigtails too! I definitely feel cuter with them.

And I totally feel you on contradictions. I always preach against consumerism and then I go to Starbucks...oh, and Taco Bell rules!

So cool that you have a vegan wrist tattoo too! We should form a secret club and then we touch wrists and yell "Vegan Power!"...like on Captain Planet. We need to find a few more people for our team though.

Gina said...

I noticed that you posted on two of the blogs I follow right before me, so I had to come and check out your blog! And I love that this happened to be the first post I saw because now I know all kinds of things about you :)

Jenn said...

You had me at extreme Uno. :-)

My tagged again post...
http://vegandance.blogspot.com/2008/11/ive-been-tagged.html

jessy said...

what a fun tag! if i can think of another 7 fun facts i'll totally do this one again! thanks for tagging me! :D

i feel pretty contradictory, too! it's odd. for instance: i don't like fake stuff, but i drown everything in ketchup, i don't like buying bananas - but i'll buy an avocado (even though both have a lot of food miles for me). it's crazy. but contradictions are okay! i think they make life more interesting! and i super love zines, too! aren't they just the best?!

you've got an awesome family, might i add! oh yes - and growing your own veggies rocks so damn hard!! wahooooo!

Mandee said...

Thanks for the tag! And I love pigtails, avocados and often feel like I contradict myself! Also you and your family are v.cute!

Damaris said...

thanks for the comment on my blog. I appreciate all the support

Joanna said...

i know what you mean about being contradictory, too. i love riding my bike, but i would die if i didn't have a car. same goes for food. i love eating raw stuff, but purely decadent ice cream is just as delicious!!!

Vaishali said...

What a lovely family, and I think your pigtails are super-cute! Consumerism grosses me out too. Nice post, and good to learn more about you.