Friday, March 13, 2009

Oh my yum!!!

I was perusing blogs yesterday and found a recipe I couldn't resist trying!




It is a raw recipe meant to approximate/replace/show up tuna salad! I have made several vegan tuna and tuna salad replacements. They have all been fairly good, but none knocked the proverbial socks off. I also have issues with plopping half a jar of Vegenaise into a recipes.


So...I found Oh My This Is A Tuna! It was a major hit at our house, and the bowl was pillaged before the night was done. True love must be Scrabble, saltines, and raw fake tuna salad :P





Here's the recipe. Try it! This recipe is not just for vegans or raw eaters...it's just delicious!

Oh My this is a Tuna! (My adjustments noted)

1 Cup Sunflower Seeds (soaked)


1 Cup Raw Walnuts (soaked)


1/8 Cup fresh squeezed Lemon juice


1/2 Tsp. Garlic (minced)


1/2 Tsp. Kelp flakes (I used dulse flakes. Some nori put through the blender/food processor would work fine too)


2 Tbs. Nama Shoyu (I used regular soy sauce)

*******************************

Blend/process seeds, nuts, lemon juice, garlic, kelp & Nama Shoyu.


Transfer to bowl and add:


1 pickle chopped


3 Tbs. pickle juice


(I replaced the top two ingredients with pickle relish to taste)


1 Tsp. apple cider vinegar or Ume Plum vinegar (I used acv)


1 Tsp. Herbamare seasoning (I used a little generic seasoning mix instead)


1 Tbs. fresh Dill Weed (chopped) ( I didn't use)


1/4 Cup Onion (chopped)


1/4 Cup chopped Celery


1/8 Cup Parsley (chopped)

4 comments:

Mandy said...

Yes,Yes, I agree, I love this recipe. I had some fresh dill from the farmers market and it just MADE it! Even my hubby liked it, and he is a hardcore tuna salad fan!

Jen aka Jewbacca said...

that un-tuna salad looks very tuna like!

Bianca said...

Sounds delicious. Especially stuffed into that tomato. I keep meaning to buy some kelp powder or dulse flakes to use for stuff like this, but I always assume its too expensive since I doubt I'd use it for anything else.

KombuchaCHIC said...

Wow, this looks and sounds awesome! Thanks for the recipe. :)