Monday, December 20, 2010

Ode to the Vegan Hoodie!

Behold, the vegan hoodie:

This unassuming hoodie is available from PETA for $40, should you so choose, but that is not the main idea of this here story. 

My hoodie story starts long ago, at least 7 or 8 years as I can figure it. I was a very excitable young vegetarian, and I wrote protest letters by the dozens. Imagine my delight when I got a letter published in a news paper. The PETA Street Team rewarded me with a hoodie! It has always been 2 or 3 sizes too big, but over the years, I have grown incredibly attached to it! It has outlasted several relationships, a car, multiple houses/apartments, and numerous jobs. It has stayed in rotation despite my freakishly frequent attempts at changing my style. 

A few weeks ago, the hoodie got misplaced. At first I was just annoyed and knew it would pop back up. Over  several days, my search gained intensity, until last night I was crying actual vegan tears of sadness! Where on earth was this serious (and seriously warm and comfy) piece of my life! We ransacked the cars and house one more time, just to find it bundled up and tossed over a closet door. RELIEF!! I had no idea how attached I was to this thing, but it's not leaving my sight again!!!

Thanks for reading my saga. 
Here's me and the happy hoodie over the years ♥




 

3 comments:

dsharp88 said...

What a wonderful story! Really, I wish I could nominate this one for blog entry of the year. I'll have a smile all day thinking about this one.

Oh, and the hoodie rocks, too.

Bianca said...

I have that hoodie too!! I love it! So, so warm. Peta just sent me a free stainless steel water bottle for Xmas, and I have a feeling its about to be my new BFF. But never as awesome as the hoodie!

Leslie R. said...

Heheh, thanks! I love this thing!