Wednesday, August 17, 2011

So ready...

for some decent weather. It has dropped from the 100's to the 90's, so that's progress. Still no major cooking at the moment...no way am I turning on the oven or stovetop for long! 

Cobbled together meals rule at the moment, especially microwave or raw ones...

I tried Sunshine Patty's falafel version- my response is rather lukewarm. It was just kind of blah...but it did fill the belly! 


We also tried Bird's Eye Steamfresh Chef's Favorites Mushroom Risotto. On occasion, I get to try new products through Foodbuzz's Tastemaker program. The products are generally vegetarian or vegan, lucky for me :)

The mushroom risotto, much like the falafel patty, was just ok. No big excitement, but not bad in any way. I was pleased that it was low fat and fairly low calorie as well. I'm not big on packaged food, but in a pinch I like these frozen veggie type dishes to round out a meal quickly. 


And for dessert, as usual this summer, my variations on banana soft serve. I am loving cocoa & peanut butter as mix-ins! Chilly and deeeelicious!


No comments: