Sunday, October 23, 2011

Oh My This Is A Tuna!


Raw vegan "tuna" has been a favorite at my house since we first tried it. My latest batch was a melange of nut-types and made use of some homemade pickles from a friend's garden. It came out delicious as usual!





Oh My this is a Tuna! (Originally from Raw Freedom)
 (with my adjustments)

1 Cup Sunflower Seeds (soaked)
1 Cup Raw Walnuts (soaked)
1/8 Cup fresh squeezed Lemon juice
1/2 Tsp. Garlic (minced)
1/2 Tsp. Kelp flakes ( I used dulse)
2 Tbs. Nama Shoyu

In FP/blender, blend seeds, nuts, lemon juice, garlic, kelp &Nama Shoyu.

Transfer to bowl and add:

3-4 T organic pickle relish
1 Tsp. apple cider vinegar
1 Tsp. seasoning ( The recipe calls for Herbamare, which I don't have. I used Bragg's kelp mix.)
1 t dried dill weed
1/4 Cup Onion (chopped)
1/4 Cup chopped Celery
1/8 Cup Parsley (chopped)

No comments: