Thursday, October 13, 2011

Raw Tortilla Soup & Zucchini Salad

In the past, I've been skeevy about raw soups. Something about cold savory liquid freaked me out. My post- Crazy Sexy Life cleanse self is ready to try anything (healthy) once! That willingness paid off when I made Raw Tortilla Soup from Choosing Raw. Ohhh it was delicious! I tried to stop eating it so I'd have leftovers, and it was tough to step away from!

I think I am having more success with raw foods now because of A) motivation, and B) a willingness to take a little time to do it right. 

In the case of the soup, I used both my pretty good food processor and my crap-tastic blender to get a smooth consistency, and it was well worth the effort. 

Raw Tortilla Soup, topped with a dollop of  Tofutti sour cream, mango salsa, and cilantro. 


Raw Zucchini Salad, based on a recipe from Crazy Sexy Life, but really just an improv of grated zucchini, chopped broccoli, and some Bragg's. 


This was a delightful and filling raw meal. Yay for new successes! I am enjoying exploring raw foods more :)

2 comments:

Bianca said...

I've made that raw tortilla soup and it's sooooo yummy!!!

Kirsten said...

Yummy..I would like to incorporate more raw food into my diet.
You won the glass straw giveaway on my blog! Send me an email and I will forward it to Glass Dharma.
YAY!!( the straws are awesome)