Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Taco Salad & Ice Cream, Cleanse Style!

The Adventure Cleanse Tuneup is over, but the good habits live on! 

I love a taco salad, but not so much the fried shell, dairy toppings, and lardy beans. Here's my health-a-rific version! 

Vegetarian refried beans, nutritional yeast, and Tofutti vegan sour cream make up the indulgent parts, then chopped veggies, salsa, and raw spinach add in the healthy energy! I added an Ezekiel sprouted grain tortilla just for kicks. 



And now for dessert! My favorite! Banana soft serve (bananas and almond milk in the blender with a touch of cinnamon and a few chocolate chips) with the healthy "magic shell" (raw cacao powder, agave nectar, and coconut oil).  
Cheers!!

7 comments:

VeganCraftastic said...

Yum, I love a good taco salad!

Bianca said...

It's high time I make banana soft serve again. I've been food processor-less for months after breaking mine. But I finally bought a new one!

Isobelle said...

Hi Leslie!

I love this idea for the chocolate shell on the banana soft serve. I might have to make this today. It's a great excuse to eat this with me having a sore throat and all :)

Thanks for all the lovely comments. Oh, and to answer you question about the raw jam, it usually lasts about 5 days (that's the longest I have had it, so it could last longer for all I know). I don't think I would keep it longer than that though.

vegan.in.brighton said...

Wow that "magic shell" looks amazing, do yu just make it yourself?

Leslie R. said...

The magic shell is super easy- I just measure a tablespoon or two of liquid coconut oil into a bowl, then add raw cacao powder until it's a nice thick saucy consistency. A squirt of agave stirred in, and it's ready to be poured onto the banana soft serve or any other cold treat. The coconut oil hardens in contact with the ice cream, and there you have it! This is a great coating for raw truffles and such too :)

vegan.in.brighton said...

Thanks Leslie! I'll definitely be making it soon, I always have the ingredients lying around the house so I just need to buy some ice cream.

Kareen said...

Magic shell = how very neat!