Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Happy Days! November Love

 Ah yeah! My favorite time of year- the hollllydays! I love the weather, smells, sounds, and of course, celebrations! I got super inspired food-wise this Vegan Mofo too, so lots of stuff to make and share!

November is also the month when I can hang my picture of our adopted turkey, Elizabeth! She will join our picture of previous Farm Sanctuary adoptee, Olive :) Click on over if you want to sponsor a great cause too!



Thirdly, I've set up a cool Amazon.com site where you'll have easy access to the foods, books, and tools that I reference a lot on this blog. Here's the link, and it's also available from the bright pink and orange widget in my blog sidebar! I look forward to highlighting great products with this neat tool!

Fourthly, my WEGO Health National Health Blog Post Month challenge for today:
"My TV Show. Your blog is being turned into a TV show! Congrats – you’ve earned it. In fact, you get to co-write it. Write about the TV show based on your life or blog."


Well, that's a dandy idea! I'd love a daily show that had themes, like travel food, natural health/beauty, recipes, meditation, yoga/fitness, and so on. It would be colorful, fun, and have lots of guest visitors. I've actually been toying with the idea of doing some vlogging now that I have a Flip camera (courtesy of Foodbuzz and Newman's Own. We shall see!

And finally, some food! I made hummus from Appetite For Reduction. I love that AFR has a basic hummus recipe, then lists tons of variation recipes. Fun! This is the Shabby Sheik variety, which I chose because it has a cute name and uses my favorite spice, cumin, liberally. It was deeelicious!



Happy November!

1 comment:

Braxton and Yancey said...

Wow I hope I can keep up with all the goings ons!
BTW Elizabeth is adorable.