Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Marzetti Simply Dressed & NHBPM #9

Welcome to today's post! This is a review of one of my favorite products I've tried so far through the Foodbuzz Tastemaker program: Marzetti Simply Dressed salad dressings.

As you may know, we eat a TON of salads at my house and I'm always on the lookout for more healthy dressing options. I love to make homemade ones, but I also like to keep a few bottled dressings around for when things get hectic. I was extremely pleased to read the ingredients lists on Marzetti's Simply Dressed varieties. They are truly "simple" and many of the varieties are vegan as well.

Vegan flavors: Champagne, Ginger Sesame, Pomegranate, Strawberry Poppyseed



I used the champagne flavor to dress a couple of different salads this week. 

First, a basic green salad topped with everything veg-tastic! Sprouts, tomatoes, bell peppers, broccoli, cabbage, carrots, you name it!!



The second way I used the Marzetti Simply Dressed was as a marinade in a chopped veggie salad. I used raw zucchini, squash, bell peppers, broccoli, and spinach. It was delicious and the dressing softened up the crispy raw veggies just enough. 



I would definitely recommend these dressings as a quality bottled option for your salads and beyond!

And for today's National Health Blog Post entry: 

Day #9: My personal brand. As a Health Activist, you are a front-facing leader. What do you imagine you look like to your readers? What qualities do you possess. It’s ok to toot your own horn today – you have full permission to indulge. And don’t hold back.


Heheh. This is an odd idea to think about. I often wonder if we idealize ourselves as bloggers. Many of my favorite blogs have an ethereal, magical, and downright perfect vibe to them. I love the perfect presentations, but I know that's not reality all of the time for most people. I know I make an effort to look cute, only post nice pics, omit lame or boring stories, etc. I have no idea how I come across when you read my blog, but I know I usually present the most positive experiences and aspects of life, cuz who wants to read things that bum us out or look at pictures of gross food? Not me :p

I hope these qualities that I am working towards come through in my posts:
*positive thinker
*caring person
*seeker of knowledge
*valuer of handiwork, quality, and reflective living
*fun :)
*healthy

Your turn! What do you imagine you look like to your readers?

2 comments:

Braxton and Yancey said...

I think your description of your blogself is spot on (not that I even know you ,...but still). Even though I am veggie not vegan I read your blog because it makes me....happy. Your delight in life shines through. Nice work you.

Leslie R. said...

Well thank you for the very kind words! I love reading your blog as well...I imagine we could talk art & culture over some coffee in a very ORANGE room! :P