WEGO Health National Health Blog Post Month Day 3:
"Write a letter to yourself when you were 18. Be sure to tell yourself what to do more of, what to do less of, and what you have to look forward to in the next few (or several) years."
I'm taking a health and vegan perspective on this...here are some words of wisdom I would have LOVED to tell myself at 18.
1. Listen to yourself, your feelings, your goals, and your dreams! Though the doubts, from self and others, can be great, don't give up on who you are and what you want.
2. Stick to your food and health values despite pressures to blend, bend, or otherwise make life easier for other people. If you can take the best possible care of yourself, you will be so much more able to deal with struggles that come along. Also, anyone who disrespects or sabotages your health decisions is not someone you want around long term.
3. Don't smoke! Drink less!
4. Eat something green for pete's sake! :) Vegans cannot live on Oreos alone.
5. Move your body for the sheer joy of it...that treadmill is not an evil foe. Go outside, jump, dance, twist, stretch, and stop fixating on that calorie counter.
6. Be proud of your body and your mind. They are perfect in their own way, and deserve your absolute respect, kind treatment, and love.
So what would you tell yourself at 18, health-wise?
P.S. Spicy Mexican Raw Vegan Brownies! Make ASAP for blissed out, guilt-free munchies!